PDA

View Full Version : MacBook Pro +2 monitors via Displaylink UGA 2K A

mitchell
01-10-2013, 08:34 PM
Im my current configuration I have a 2.2 GHz Core i& 8GB DDR and currently running a Apple Cinema HD Display 30", matte, LCD, 2560 × 1600 with Dual-link DVI-D. My computers LCD screen is also active

I would like to add another 24" Apple Cinema , glossy glass covered screen, LCD, 1920 × 1200, with LED backlighting and Mini DisplayPort, 3 × USB 2.0.

My plan was to add the Displaylink UGA 2K A to the mac pro via its USB and then connect the DVI to an adapter (female/female) to the Dvi from the 24" Apple Cinema display but so far have had no luck on getting the 3 displays working.

Is this possible or not? I dont need fast graphics on the 3rd 22 inch screen.

thanks in advance

Mitchell

cmwade77
01-11-2013, 11:16 PM
Aside from machines with multiple Thunderbolt ports, I don'e believe you can run multiple Cinema Displays, you would need a standard monitor for the 3rd monitor.

mitchell
01-15-2013, 10:03 PM
Aside from machines with multiple Thunderbolt ports, I don'e believe you can run multiple Cinema Displays, you would need a standard monitor for the 3rd monitor.
I have the the big Cinema display working off DVI on my mac laptop and I was hoping to run the second monitor which has only a DVI via a DVI to VGA adapter connected to the DL. The DL is then connected to via USB to the Display link.

Thanks CMwade