PDA

View Full Version : OS X 10.8.2 Kernel Panics

charles.rich
02-08-2013, 08:50 PM
Since I installed DisplayLink Driver 1.8 and upgraded to Mountain Lion, I have been getting occasional kernel panics, always at home at night when I leave the machine with cover closed and connected to an external Cinema Display via DVI (no DisplayLink connection---that's in my office).

These kernel crashes are preceded by multiple crashes of the DL driver (which I think make it pretty clear these are the cause of the kernel panic). I have attached a zip file with both crash logs.

Do you recommend trying the 2.0 Alpha?

Tx, -CR

Carlo
02-09-2013, 09:49 AM
The panic is in the driver of the internal graphics card, seems related to power management.
It's unlikely that this is related to the DL driver but possible. I'd would raise the issue with Apple in any case: the panic trace would be very useful to them.

Not clear why our SW is crashing, to best debug it would be useful to use the 2.0 Alpha and collect the debug information: the new software has much better debug information.

If the crash is happening with the 2.0 version I'd recommend to send to us the output of our debug tool and then uninstall the DisplayLink driver and try to reproduce the issue for a while.

Best regards,
Carlo

sperber
03-04-2013, 09:34 AM
I can reliably crash my machine running the latest Mountain Lion by unplugging the USB cable to the DL device. (Sometimes it takes a few seconds, but it always crashes.) This is with both 1.8 and 2.0alpha3.

I've attached the info from the crash reporter.