View Full Version : Macbook doesn't detect screen

Abu
06-12-2013, 04:55 PM
My Macbook doesn't detect my screen.

Info:
The screen is a Toshiba USB monitor.
OS X 10.8.4
Macbook Pro 8.1
On my mac, the green ON lamp is orange suggesting the screen is not turned on, however pushing (hold or without) I can only get it to turn off and not green.

I have tried the following:

1. Uninstall the driver and install it again (2.0)
2. Testet the 1.8 driver without luck
3. Tested the monitor on both Windows 7 PC and a mac exactly like mine (8.1, OS X 10.8.4). Worked on both
3. In the system profiler (i think that's the name in english) I can see that the screen is detected under USB. But somehow i can't seem to find it in system preference or other.

I have attached the debugging tools rapport.

Hope you guys can help. :) If any other information is needed, please let me know.

Thanks in advance :)

Abu
06-27-2013, 05:08 PM
Can it be? No guru out there that can help me out? :)

edchapman
07-02-2013, 05:05 AM
same issue here on 4 macs.

ChristianP
07-03-2013, 11:05 AM
I checked your System Profile and the logs. It looks like one process, named DisplayLinkUserAgent is not running.
Could you please check if the following files are installed on your system:
/Library/LaunchAgents/com.displaylink.useragent-prelogin.plist /Library/LaunchAgents/com.displaylink.useragent.plist

You could also run in a Terminal:
ps aux | grep DisplayLink

and check if a process named "DisplayLinkUserAgent" is running.

I would also suggest to run the uninstaller, repair disk permission (use DiskUtility) and then run the installer again. Thanks

bradtwurst
07-08-2013, 02:40 PM
I just completed a complete re-install of osx on a mid2010 MacBook Pro (10.8.4).

I also encountered issues attempting to install the DisplayLink 2.0 driver.

After following some of the suggestions in a few threads on this support forum, I discovered that the folder /Library/LaunchAgents did not exist.

I uninstalled the DisplayLink drivers, rebooted, created the directory /Library/LaunchAgents, ran fix permissions, reinstalled DisplayLink drivers, and rebooted.

The displaylink'd display starting working properly.

James

jjb9934
07-09-2013, 03:12 AM
Thanks bradtwurst, your post helped me get my second monitor up and running since upgrading to 10.8.4, i never really ever post in these forums bust must give credit where it is certainly due!! Thanks and great tip, doesn't require reinstalling Mountain Lion or anything goofy like posts in other threads are trying, followed your great instruction and i'm back up and running after some frustrating down time. thanks again!!

Jay