PDA

View Full Version : Sabrent USB2011 doesn't work after update to OSX 10.4.8

nsdnayz
07-31-2013, 12:43 PM
Hi Guys,

I hope i'm the right place here.
After updating my Mac OS to 10.8.4 my Sabrent USB2011 doesn't work anymore. Before 10.8.4 there were no problems at all.

I've tried to install the latest (2.0. version ) from the display-link website, aswell as downloading the 1.7 and 1.8 version from the sabrent.com website.
So far, no results on all the drivers. The lamp of the sabrent connector doesn't go on anymore. Whenever i take the usb cable out of my Mac it lights up for a glance. My Mac doesn't seem to 'notice' that the usb is attached/detached. Normally you will hear an usb-connection sound, but that doesn't happen either.

What can I do or try to make it back to work? Any tips or tricks?

I've got a:
Macbook Pro early 2010 model
2.4ghz intel core 2 duo
8gb ram
samsung SSD 512gb

EDIT
I tried the fix for the permission problem aswell, but that didn't help anything.
(http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=61772)

I even (except the OS X re-install) did these actions according to user Bratwurst: I uninstalled the DisplayLink drivers, rebooted, created the directory /Library/LaunchAgents, ran fix permissions, reinstalled DisplayLink drivers, and rebooted. But didn't do it for me :(

Thanks in advance,

Thomas

nsdnayz
08-06-2013, 01:25 AM
Anybody? Could somebody please check my logs?

JimBTek
09-30-2013, 04:38 PM
I have the new USB-3HDM with the same problems. Mine did work on 10.8.3 and lately has not. I'm on 10.8.5 now. Im not sure thought if my problem is tied directly to 10.8.4 or not though.

SO FYI, a new sabrent may not fix it.