PDA

View Full Version : Brightness control

Catmembert
12-21-2013, 10:37 PM
Hi,

I just bought an Asus MB168+ screen which is a amazing product http://www.amazon.fr/dp/B00GHAKH6Y/?smid=A2XSYHUZCR67OJ&tag=idealocom-mp-21&linkCode=asn&creative=6742&camp=1638&creativeASIN=B00GHAKH6Y

I tested it with a Sony notebook but it is intented to be used with a Mac Book Air (OS 10.8), but I can't set the brightness when I use it with the Mac because there is no such settings in the display panel, and I can't even use the buttons on the side of the screen.

This is very annoying, and I'd like to know if you plan to add this feature in a future driver version.

Thanks !

aeleenpreston
12-26-2013, 05:24 AM
Hi,

I just bought an Asus MB168+ screen which is a amazing product http://www.amazon.fr/dp/B00GHAKH6Y/?smid=A2XSYHUZCR67OJ&tag=idealocom-mp-21&linkCode=asn&creative=6742&camp=1638&creativeASIN=B00GHAKH6Y

I tested it with a Sony notebook but it is intented to be used with a Mac Book Air (OS 10.8), but I can't set the brightness when I use it with the Mac because there is no such settings in the display panel, and I can't even use the buttons on the side of the screen.

This is very annoying, and I'd like to know if you plan to add this feature in a future driver version.

Thanks !

Catmembert, its really very annoying but you can deal with it. I owns Asus MB168+ screen but I love to see live events, musical shows and concerts. In Asus MB168+ screen, go to setting--General and there you will find brightness option.

Catmembert
12-30-2013, 09:11 AM
@aeleenpreston

There is no such control panel on Mac... Asus did not realeased any control utility for the MB168+ under OS X

EddieMa
01-15-2014, 12:13 AM
This one isn't DisplayLink's fault -- it isn't even Apple's fault -- this one is Asus' fault: the software they developed for Windows to control brightness is called EzLink, and they have no plans on releasing an Apple version. I'm hoping one of the more industrious users will take it upon themself to read the raw bytes sent via USB, reverse engineer it, and send it from a custom app in mac.

... Anyone?