PDA

View Full Version : DisplayLink Displays freeze after two days

sweiler963
02-16-2014, 06:45 AM
Hello,

I am currently running two USB DisplayLink displays from my MacMini in a 24/7 setup. After about two days or so the outputs freeze.

My MacMini is the late 2012 version. The whole system is used to drive a digital gallery. I have four displays in the system. One is driven by a Thunderbolt to DVI adaptor, next is a HDMI to DVI, and then I have two DisplayLink USB to DVI. First display is a Apple 20" Cinema Display running at 1680 x 1050, the next three are Apple 23" Cinema displays running at 1920 x 1200.

I use the Mac's built in photo origami screen saver and it works fine on all the displays for about 2 days. Then the image freezes on the DisplayLink displays.

If I remote VNC into the MacMini the screen saver is running correctly for all outputs. Also the Mac continues to run. The solution is to restart the system, unplugging and replugging the USB cards causes the system to crash. Everything will then work fine for about two days again then freeze.

I am running 10.8.5 and the current stable 2.1 driver version.

Carlo
02-17-2014, 09:17 AM
Can you try to kill DisplayLinkManager when this happens?
A harsh "sudo killall DisplayLinkManager" would do.
This will tell us on which side the issue is.

It would also be useful to have logs following http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269
Please collect the logs just after killing DisplayLinkManager when the issue has occurred

Cheers
Carlo