PDA

View Full Version : Mac 2.1 and Mavericks - my experience

dwonger
02-25-2014, 03:56 AM
So I have a Macbook pro early 2011. I have 3 external monitors all at 1920x1080, 1 which goes into the Thunderbolt port to DVI. The other two monitors go through display link adapters BVU195 and a DL-195 adapter to DVI. I have found that the current "production" driver works if I only plug in one monitor but when there's a second one, one of the displays is blacked out. No matter how much I plug it in and out of the various USB ports, the first one I plug in works, and the other one does not.

I've used the older 2.1 beta driver and I can get both display link displays to work and then I can re-arrange the display which is a lot more than the new drivers. As long as I put the computer to sleep and start it back up without shutting it down, it keeps all the information about the monitors (position, etc). If I shut the machine down or unplug the USB, I have to re-setup everything. I have problems with the display stuttering turning black and having to redraw the whole screen while I work. The frame rates on the beta driver are not as good as the normal 2.1, but I can get all the monitors to run. So if I can the beta driver to do more than the normal driver, it's telling me that the current drivers can be fixed to do what the beta drivers do.

I'm waiting patiently for the new drivers to finally work, or wait until the next version of the Mac OSX where we may have the same issues or they may address these issues. I've had the display link since Snow Leopard, but this is really bad having it still broken 4 months later.

itadmincrbc
03-06-2014, 06:24 PM
So I have a Macbook pro early 2011. I have 3 external monitors all at 1920x1080, 1 which goes into the Thunderbolt port to DVI. The other two monitors go through display link adapters BVU195 and a DL-195 adapter to DVI. I have found that the current "production" driver works if I only plug in one monitor but when there's a second one, one of the displays is blacked out. No matter how much I plug it in and out of the various USB ports, the first one I plug in works, and the other one does not.

I've used the older 2.1 beta driver and I can get both display link displays to work and then I can re-arrange the display which is a lot more than the new drivers. As long as I put the computer to sleep and start it back up without shutting it down, it keeps all the information about the monitors (position, etc). If I shut the machine down or unplug the USB, I have to re-setup everything. I have problems with the display stuttering turning black and having to redraw the whole screen while I work. The frame rates on the beta driver are not as good as the normal 2.1, but I can get all the monitors to run. So if I can the beta driver to do more than the normal driver, it's telling me that the current drivers can be fixed to do what the beta drivers do.

I'm waiting patiently for the new drivers to finally work, or wait until the next version of the Mac OSX where we may have the same issues or they may address these issues. I've had the display link since Snow Leopard, but this is really bad having it still broken 4 months later.

You can keep waiting, but the new OSX version just came out and all it did was break more things. This product will never, and I repeat, never be stable on OSX again, and you can bet they're not working on an OS11 driver.