PDA

View Full Version : OSX 11 to arrive before fix - DL obsolete on purchase!!!

MR. Studz
02-28-2014, 02:25 AM
Just wanted to come here and post a message to display link that for the next 2 years, on every online vendor i make purchases from, and any forum i frequent I am going to be writing negative reviews about your product, wherever i see them, just for laughs!

Lets start a campaign to screw these guys over, they did it to us!

BUYER BEWARE, MAJOR, MAJOR COMPATIBILITY AND DRIVER ISSUES, FLICKERING/CORRUPT SCREENS WITH ZERO AS IN NOT EVEN THE SLIGHTEST TECHNICAL SUPPORT PROVIDED FOR OVER 6 MONTHS.

PLEASE READ THIS JOKE OF A FORUM BEFORE PURCHASING ANY DISPLAY LINK PRODUCT : http://www.displaylink.org/forum

I DONT CARE IF IT IS APPLE'S FAULT, YOU SHOULD FIGURE OUT THE PROBLEM, SOLVE IT AND PASS IT ON TO APPLE ENGINEERS...SERIOUSLY ITS BEEN TOOOOOO LONG.

dontheman
02-28-2014, 02:06 PM
Well said. I am with you 100%. Also, notice that there have been VERY few responses from Carlos are anyone else at DL in recent weeks. I was using 3 DLs which are now virtually useless. I wish I could get a refund but we must get the word out that this product does not work on mac, but worse: even if they resolve every issue tomorrow it would not matter. No one should buy this for use on a mac EVER due to the months and months that have passed with no resolution. Do we want to run this risk every time a new OS update comes out? I am willing to take a small risk if they are quick on the feet with an update but DL has CLEARLY demonstrated that they are not. I am coping this exact text to my Amazon review.

itadmincrbc
03-06-2014, 06:26 PM
Just wanted to come here and post a message to display link that for the next 2 years, on every online vendor i make purchases from, and any forum i frequent I am going to be writing negative reviews about your product, wherever i see them, just for laughs!

Lets start a campaign to screw these guys over, they did it to us!

BUYER BEWARE, MAJOR, MAJOR COMPATIBILITY AND DRIVER ISSUES, FLICKERING/CORRUPT SCREENS WITH ZERO AS IN NOT EVEN THE SLIGHTEST TECHNICAL SUPPORT PROVIDED FOR OVER 6 MONTHS.

PLEASE READ THIS JOKE OF A FORUM BEFORE PURCHASING ANY DISPLAY LINK PRODUCT : http://www.displaylink.org/forum

I DONT CARE IF IT IS APPLE'S FAULT, YOU SHOULD FIGURE OUT THE PROBLEM, SOLVE IT AND PASS IT ON TO APPLE ENGINEERS...SERIOUSLY ITS BEEN TOOOOOO LONG.

Exactly. They can't even fix 10.9.1 and now 10.9.2 is even more broken. I posted my review on Amazon just now, 1 star, do not buy. One thing though it's not OSX 11. It's OS11. The X stands for 10.

ladiciuus
03-07-2014, 12:01 AM
Good idea.

Highly unstable - no response from displaylink. Garbage company. Will never buy from again... EVER. Good job DL.

cmwade77
03-19-2014, 04:11 PM
I agree completely, a competing product....J5Create has been able to figure all of this out, so it IS possible to do.