PDA

View Full Version : Unable to mirror screen on MacBook Pro Retina

stewbell
03-25-2014, 11:26 AM
Hi there,

I finally managed to get hold of the ASUS MB168+. It's been something I've been looking forward to using for work, as a way of sharing my screen with clients during meetings where we don't have access to a projector or display TV.

Only problem is; after unpacking the monitor and getting it up and running, attempting to mirror the display on my MacBook Pro Retina (OSX 10.9.1) automatically logs me out. Basically, I can only use the external monitor as an additional display.

I know this was logged in known issues with DisplayLink v2.2, but I was wondering if anyone has been able to overcome it or whether it's an issue the developers see will be solved in upcoming releases?

If not, it may be that the monitor will need to be returned to where I bought it from, as I won't be able to use it as needed.

Any guidance would be awesome!

Thanks
Stu

Carlo
03-26-2014, 09:02 AM
Hi stewbell,

This is a known issue on Retina. On my system happens also trying to move the main screen to the USB screen.
This is described among the known issues: http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=354

As far as I know there is no known workaround.
It may be possible for 10.9.3 to change this, seeing that it will enable HiDPI modes for external screens. Or at least enable a workaround but I don't have any solution to offer in the short term.

Cheers,
Carlo

stewbell
03-26-2014, 10:15 AM
Thanks for the reply Carlo.

So it's something that is likely/ probable to be fixed in the future, even if not in the short-term?

stewbell
05-17-2014, 02:25 AM
Just installed 10.9.3, but can neither scale the external display down from 1920x1080, alter the brightness or mirror the window.

Anyone having the same issue?