PDA

View Full Version : iDraw Not working with DisplayLink Mac

WadeHatler
08-05-2014, 03:01 AM
I have a MacBook Air that seems to work with most of the things I've tried, but doesn't work with iDraw. The application runs, and it displays the controls, but doesn't display anything on the drawing surface. Is this a know problem, and is there a resolution?

I've tried 2 different DisplayLink adapters (one built into a Dell monitor and the other a DisplayLink USB to HDMI adapter. Both adapters work fine with other computers, so the weak point seems like it's the DisplayLink video driver.

Carlo
08-15-2014, 09:36 AM
Hi WadeHatler,

You can try taking a screenshot with command-control-shift-3. If the application content is not there it means it has not been drawn by the application and/or graphics stack.

The likely reason for this kind of issues is that the application is trying to use hardware acceleration not available for virtual frame buffers like ours. I'd contact the app developer to check if they can check for the display capabilities before drawing content.

Cheers,
Carlo

PimpedFridgeDotCom
12-16-2014, 01:17 PM
I'm having the same issue with my MacBook Air and an AOC USB monitor. iDraw behaves as described in the original post, plus when I try to record the monitor content with ScreenFlow, all that gets recorded is a green rectangle and my mouse cursor.