DisplayLink Forum

DisplayLink Forum (https://displaylink.org/forum/index.php)
-   Mac Software (https://displaylink.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Cursor jumping back when typing (https://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=68967)

yidongliang 10-23-2023 04:56 PM

Cursor jumping back when typing

Hello,
Has anyone here used a portable monitor with DisplayLink technology? I recently installed the DisplayLink Manager on my work MacBook, and I've noticed that when I type in Slack on the portable monitor, the cursor occasionally jumps back two characters. (This never happen on my other two monitors). Thanks!

DanielSznicer 10-24-2023 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yidongliang (Post 95996)
Hello,
Has anyone here used a portable monitor with DisplayLink technology? I recently installed the DisplayLink Manager on my work MacBook, and I've noticed that when I type in Slack on the portable monitor, the cursor occasionally jumps back two characters. (This never happen on my other two monitors). Thanks!

Hello,
Can you please share more details I will need logfiles to check the feedback from the driver. For instructions on how to gather the logfiles please navigate to the following article How to report macOS issues to DisplayLink

And aslo for speedy support please send an email with the logfiles and detailed problem description to: technical-enquiries@synaptics.com

paultzirides 10-25-2023 04:00 PM

Display lag/refresh is the culprit

I have experienced this same thing but I learned that the cursor isn't actually jumping back, it's that the display periodically has a little bit of lag for some reason, and then catches up once there is "action happening" on that display. In my experience, this doesn't actually affect what is happening on that screen, but it can be jarring.

Bah434x 10-25-2023 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yidongliang (Post 95996)
Hello,

You're not using an external kbd & mouse by any change by Logitech are you..?

alwjs19 11-27-2023 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bah434x (Post 96008)
You're not using an external kbd & mouse by any change by Logitech are you..?

Same issue here. I have a Logitech K380 keyboard and Logitech M350 mouse with a M2 MacBook Air. Upon a pause in activity, the screen seems to reset to a display state that is approximately one second prior to the latest state until new activity is detected (e.g. the mouse is moved). Turning the mouse and kb off doesn't seem to alleviate the issue though.

Bah434x 11-27-2023 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alwjs19 (Post 96193)
Same issue here. I have a Logitech K380 keyboard and Logitech M350 mouse with a M2 MacBook Air. Upon a pause in activity, the screen seems to reset to a display state that is approximately one second prior to the latest state until new activity is detected (e.g. the mouse is moved). Turning the mouse and kb off doesn't seem to alleviate the issue though.

Logitech had an issue with the Logi options plus software that caused this problem on mine. Also if you use the Logitech bolt adapter this happens.

alwjs19 11-27-2023 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bah434x (Post 96194)
Logitech had an issue with the Logi options plus software that caused this problem on mine. Also if you use the Logitech bolt adapter this happens.

Appreciate the help! I've never actually installed any Logitech software though. Not using the bolt adapter either - Bluetooth only. Perhaps it's a driver conflict?

Martin Pusch 12-05-2023 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paultzirides (Post 96005)
I have experienced this same thing but I learned that the cursor isn't actually jumping back, it's that the display periodically has a little bit of lag for some reason, and then catches up once there is "action happening" on that display. In my experience, this doesn't actually affect what is happening on that screen, but it can be jarring.

I have the same issue:
- MacBook Air M2,
- macOS 14.1.2 (23B92)
- Anker 563 USB-C Docking Station (10-in-1),
- Apple Bluetooth-Keyboard Model A1314,
- Apple Bluetooth-Trackpad Model A1339,
- DisplayLink Manager 1.10.0 (Build 117)
- one screen attached: EIZO FlexScan EV2451

KatarzynaCzaja 12-15-2023 11:39 AM

Hello,

Please make sure to contact our support team individually so we can review your specific setup and issue. We have identified one of the issues as something our team is currently working on. If you wish to know if your case also applies please contact us directly at technical-enquiries@synaptics.com

Please make sure to send details of your setup, a short video showing the issue will be extremely helpful and logfiles can also come in handy. Instructions are located in the last link in my signature.

SappoManno 12-22-2023 11:58 AM

Same issue here. Sometimes it looks like the cursor jumps back, deleting text, and then forward again, and the text is again here.