DisplayLink Forum

DisplayLink Forum (https://displaylink.org/forum/index.php)
-   CLOSED - Windows 10 Software (https://displaylink.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Windows 10 Drivers (https://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=63340)

snak35 10-01-2014 05:28 PM

Windows 10 Drivers

I just installed Windows 10 Technical Preview and the current drivers do not work. An error message appears stating that the operating system in not compatible.

Can anyone please provide guidance on how to resolve issue?

Thanks!

snak35 10-01-2014 05:38 PM

Resolved

I removed the USB connection, uninstalled the previous drivers and rebooted. On reboot, I continued to install the drivers recommended by Windows 10 and it now works. Thanks!

keremy 10-01-2014 07:28 PM

Can't install on Win 10

I have the same issue. Have a new laptop with Windows 10 on it, and the installer fails with the error dialog.

I had previous version drivers, which I uninstalled, but I still can't use my monitors through the USB connection and can't install the new drivers.

scottath 10-02-2014 01:06 AM

Yea - plug in the dock - and use windows update to get the driver. Worked first time for me - super impressed.

josebarahona 10-02-2014 02:45 AM

Working after Reconnect

Noticed that Displaylink prompted a message regarding Not supported OS or Graphics card. So after reconnecting USB it started working as it downloaded drivers from Windows Update.

JamesH 10-02-2014 09:59 AM

Hi all,

You'll need to install the Windows 10 alpha drivers available here:
http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=376

Thanks,
James

ptallett 10-23-2014 08:30 PM

BSOD with new drivers

Hi!

I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Tech Preview and my StarTech USB32DPPro didn't work, so I uninstalled and reinstalled the (OLD) drivers 7.6.57633.0 and it started to work although is not very stable (display refresh issues, BSOD when waking from sleep, blank screen, frozen display) but it works most of the time.

I tried installing the new beta drivers but my machine crashes immediately when I install them (page fault in DLKMD.SYS). I also saw the drivers come through on Windows Update, but again my machine BSOD's when I let them install so I have had to hide the update. I am running two 2560x1600 displays, one off DisplayPort and one off the DisplayLink adaptor.

I am scared to uninstall and clean install as I will have lost the old drivers and my machine will probably blue screen on boot (I suppose I could unplug the adaptor).

Is the USB32DPPro supported with this new set of drivers? All the posts talk about DisplayLink docks which I don't have.

I've also recently started seeing BIOS errors and POST failures - is this related? I have an Intel NUC with Haswell i5 and Iris graphics.

Help! My machine is very unhappy!

Thanks!

tomr 10-30-2014 04:12 PM

Great Work to Keep Up with the latest OS Guys!

this thread was exactly what I needed and the alpha driver works great so far! Nice work guys! :)

Using Win10 Build 9860 with HP Elitebook Resolve 810 w/ Intel 4000 graphics card

tomr 10-30-2014 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomr (Post 75843)
this thread was exactly what I needed and the alpha driver works great so far! Nice work guys! :)

Using Win10 Build 9860 with HP Elitebook Resolve 810 w/ Intel 4000 graphics card

well things were good after first install, now after a reboot I can only get one of two external monitors working. HDMI seems the most problematic by default but I can get video on either connection (dvi/hdmi) if I just unplug one of the two... almost there guys, keep going but not stable yet!

GTiceman 11-03-2014 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomr (Post 75848)
well things were good after first install, now after a reboot I can only get one of two external monitors working. HDMI seems the most problematic by default but I can get video on either connection (dvi/hdmi) if I just unplug one of the two... almost there guys, keep going but not stable yet!

I have had this problem using the W10 Alpha drivers since day 1. I use the ThinkPad USB 3.0 Dock and only one external monitor works. I might try uninstalling all the drivers and letting windows detect them and seeing what happens as others have indicated success.