DisplayLink Forum

DisplayLink Forum (https://displaylink.org/forum/index.php)
-   CLOSED: Mac OSX 1.7 Release (https://displaylink.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Beta 2 Bugs (https://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=935)

DieselDandy 06-30-2011 02:03 PM

Beta 2 Bugs

1 Attachment(s)
Magic Trackpad and Magic Mouse are stuck to screen edges.
When attaching a USB Mouse, that can be used without issues.

Screen performance much lower than in previous releases (1.6 on SL 10.6.8).

Mac OS X Lion 10.7 11A494a Driver 1.7b2

Debug file attached

Slider-Override 06-30-2011 03:02 PM

Display is black

FILES

Slider-Override 07-01-2011 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slider-Override (Post 3609)
Display is black

FILES

Unplug the Monitor from the Power connection and replug fix the problem :).
So After every reboot it must replugin the Power Cable, its ok for the Beta :-)

soverc 07-02-2011 02:30 AM

Rotation of display

I do not have the controls to rotate display, if I hold down command-option I can get the rotate options but they do nothing.

Only bug I have encountered, but I do use the display on the displaylink rotated. But nice to to a driver before the release of Lion. Thanks guys-but do fix the rotation.

soverc 07-03-2011 02:31 AM

rotation update

After a reboot I have rotation controls and can use monitor as needed. So far no issues other than having to reboot. THANKS !!!!

Carlo 07-03-2011 04:19 PM

Quick post to thank you for the feedback: as you know Lion is #1 priority so we're trying to reproduce and analyse every issue you are reporting.

mhhcookies 07-04-2011 12:38 AM

Hi,

I am using Lion GM as well. Beta 2 of the driver installs just fine and enables me to connect the USB monitor and use it. However, after installation, dragging operations do not cancel correctly anymore. (Ex: moving icons around the desktop; the initial drag works, but once the mouse button is release, the icon still sticks to the mouse pointer and can only be released via Esc+click.

Another issue I experienced is that firefox 5 can no longer display websites. The sites load just fine and you can potentially control it, but it just does not display anything besides the header anymore. Safari works fine, but here also the download popup does not show any items on it, even when there is something being downloaded.

I just reinstalled Lion GM to confirm that this is because of the display driver and yes it is. Any update for this would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

displaylinker 07-04-2011 08:39 AM

Wow, I got excited about the rotation issue, but now it's disappointing to hear about the other two bugs.

Firefox 5 is my main browser so having no content in is critical. Just wondering why would a display driver affect browser though, which seems weird.

ChristianP 07-04-2011 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhhcookies (Post 3636)
Hi,

I am using Lion GM as well. Beta 2 of the driver installs just fine and enables me to connect the USB monitor and use it. However, after installation, dragging operations do not cancel correctly anymore. (Ex: moving icons around the desktop; the initial drag works, but once the mouse button is release, the icon still sticks to the mouse pointer and can only be released via Esc+click.

Another issue I experienced is that firefox 5 can no longer display websites. The sites load just fine and you can potentially control it, but it just does not display anything besides the header anymore. Safari works fine, but here also the download popup does not show any items on it, even when there is something being downloaded.

I just reinstalled Lion GM to confirm that this is because of the display driver and yes it is. Any update for this would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

At the moment we are not able to reproduce the issue on Firefox 5. Could you please check if the "Use hardware acceleration when available" option is enabled (in Firefox preferences, Advanced tab) and in case test the browser disabling this option. My suspect is that on some machine Firefox is erroneously trying to use some sort of acceleration on the DisplayLink card.

As for the dragging icon issue, could you please use the debug tool http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269 and post the output. Are you using an Apple mouse or a standard USB mouse?
Thanks for your help

DieselDandy 07-04-2011 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DieselDandy (Post 3605)
Magic Trackpad and Magic Mouse are stuck to screen edges.
When attaching a USB Mouse, that can be used without issues.

Screen performance much lower than in previous releases (1.6 on SL 10.6.8).

Debug file attached

Moved to 11A511 still same issue, plus sleep mode issues, as had reported in another post