DisplayLink Forum

DisplayLink Forum (https://displaylink.org/forum/index.php)
-   Mac Software (https://displaylink.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Sierra still broken (https://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=64838)

shaunvis 10-04-2016 03:40 PM

Sierra still broken

The lag issues seem to be gone, but there's another issue still remaining.

- 4 finger swipe between desktops on a monitor results in a logout.

This only happens with monitors on my displaylink adapter. Has anyone else noticed this? Anyone have a fix?

RahulChavan 10-04-2016 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaunvis (Post 81435)
The lag issues seem to be gone, but there's another issue still remaining.

- 4 finger swipe between desktops on a monitor results in a logout.

This only happens with monitors on my displaylink adapter. Has anyone else noticed this? Anyone have a fix?

Hallo,

Yes.. all the current running applications crashes in mine and computer logs out. Also on the displaylink monitor images doesnt appear completely...

sgniwder 10-04-2016 09:07 PM

Yes, this happens on my system as well.

Shanesan 10-05-2016 02:37 PM

I'm not having this issue on 10.12.1 beta, so it may be fixed in the upcoming macOS patch.

Maxime 10-05-2016 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shanesan (Post 81445)
I'm not having this issue on 10.12.1 beta, so it may be fixed in the upcoming macOS patch.

Just installed 10.12.1 Beta 3 (16B2338c) and I still have the same bug ;)

You can reproduce it by trying to move a workspace from the display link monitor (mission control) to another and then the same from the other monitor.

sgniwder 10-05-2016 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxime (Post 81447)
Just installed 10.12.1 Beta 3 (16B2338c) and I still have the same bug ;)

You can reproduce it by trying to move a workspace from the display link monitor (mission control) to another and then the same from the other monitor.

I went back to 2.5.1 and it is not doing this.

jared52 10-11-2016 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgniwder (Post 81449)
I went back to 2.5.1 and it is not doing this.

Just downloaded the newest public beta (10.12.1 beta 3), uninstalled the DisplayLink 2.6 driver, installed 2.5.1 and can confirm that the window server crash when dragging windows to and from my DisplayLink display. Was hoping your solution was the right one, but it's still an issue.

Carlo 10-17-2016 10:35 AM

Hi Jared,

Just to confirm, is this in Mission Control? The Window Server crash just by dragging windows is not an issue we have reproduced so far. If in Finder, does this happen with any windows or only with some specific applications or content?

Realistically, we can only bring these bugs to the attention of Apple but if we have a good reproduction we can help them out by pointing them to the failing subsystem.

It's worth noting that the reproducibility of all the Window Server crashes on a specific system can be affected by a new installation of driver and/or operating system update.

Cheers,
Carlo

shaunvis 10-17-2016 11:54 AM

This isn't Mission Control I don't think.

Under trackpad settings, it's called "Swipe between full-screen apps". Although I'm not using apps in full screen mode.

The 4 finger swipe up (Mission Control) seems ok. From there I have multiple desktops on each screen with different apps in each desktop.

Then if I go to a monitor and use the 4 finger swipe to switch between desktops on a monitor, things crash, I get logged out, etc.

shaunvis 10-17-2016 12:13 PM

Just a note, clicking on the apps in the dock to switch between them works fine. It seems to just be the 4 finger swipe to switch desktops. I believe this happens if you change the gesture to use 3 fingers as well.