DisplayLink Forum

DisplayLink Forum (https://displaylink.org/forum/index.php)
-   Windows Software (https://displaylink.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Windows 8 FLASHING Screen (https://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2065)

trumaj 11-23-2012 07:10 PM

Woohoo!

I'm glad to say it appears to have worked for me... :)

Now running the latest Nvidia drivers and the latest DisplayLink software, and running like a dream.

Thanks DL :)

seanvree 11-28-2012 07:01 AM

Latest version worked for me too. Amazing!

Wim 11-28-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hba (Post 8464)
It's not!
This is very frustrating and I'm beginning to regret ever having bought a DisplayLink product :-(

This is a different issue to the NVIDIA issue that we are working on at the moment to be fixed in the release next month... Sorry for the delay, but a new OS can show up many new issues and we can't fix them all at once.

Wim

acdrew0 12-04-2012 01:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wim (Post 8509)
This is a different issue to the NVIDIA issue that we are working on at the moment to be fixed in the release next month... Sorry for the delay, but a new OS can show up many new issues and we can't fix them all at once.

Wim

I am curious if my problem is the same one that hba was having. The computer model is very similar and mine also has an nVidia graphics card.

I am unable to use my hdmi out in conjunction with my displaylink product. I get the flashing screen and computer logout when I try. The most recent drivers have not fixed anything.

Will this be fixed in the next update you were talking about?

outlaw1776 01-09-2013 03:55 PM

Still Having Black Screen Flash Issues

Setup:

Dell XPS 15Z - Windows 8 Pro - CoreI7, Nvidia GeForce 525M 1gb(310.90 Drivers), Targus Superspeed USB 3.0 dock with Displaylink Drivers(7.1M0)

As soon as I plug in the Docking Station my screen goes black and the mouse/pointer flashes, sometimes showing the "working" circle flashing. None of the fixes listed have worked:

- Downgraded Nvidia Driver
- Clean install of Displaylink Drivers

Any more ideas, this is now a 4 month old problem.

Thanks,

phikappa 01-10-2013 03:23 PM

I have an XPS 15 with Windows 7 Professional and have exactly the same issue if I connect only another monitor to the HDMI output. By the way, a quick fix for the flashing screen on Win7 is to set one (any) of the displays at 16 bit color depth instead of 32.

If I connect a monitor to the Mini Displayport, however, the DisplayLink monitor just stays blank. Please, guys, fix this stuff.

romajo 05-29-2013 12:56 PM

Same problem with latest nvidia drivers

I also have the problem with NVIDIA drivers later than version 310.90. When a newer NVIDIA driver is installed, all of my three connected displays (one of the notebook, one on the hdmi port of the notebook and one on the displaylink adapter) start flashing. When I plug off the displaylink apater, the flashing stops.

Please find my logs attached.

I really hope for a solution very quick as this problem is annoying me since over 6 months.

Best regards,

romajo

willybob 05-31-2013 09:15 PM

Same here, screens are justf lashing with latest nvidia driver. Reverted to 310.90 and it is just barely usable, mouse has some huge lag.
Been using displaylink stuff for quite some time and I feel like this technology never reach an acceptable level of usability.

romajo 06-04-2013 06:33 AM

Fix

Could someone from Displaylink please let us know when this issue will be fixed?

Thank you,

romajo

romajo 06-14-2013 06:25 AM

Anyone there? I really need this problem to be fixed!

Thank you...