DisplayLink Forum

DisplayLink Forum (https://displaylink.org/forum/index.php)
-   CLOSED: Mac 1.5 Release (https://displaylink.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   displaylink monitor does not sense display sleep (https://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=99)

imoan 09-25-2009 01:01 AM

displaylink monitor does not sense display sleep

When my Mac puts the screen to sleep the displaylink monitor stays on rather than going into hibernation mode. All screens turn black but the power light on my displaylink controlled monitor stays green indefinitely.

The correct behavior occurs when I put the mac to sleep (i.e. it goes into hibernation ).

Details

displaylink version: 1.5b3
displaylink hardware: Lenovo USB-to-DVI Monitor Adapter
Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac8,1
Memory: 6 GB
System Version: Mac OS X 10.6.1 (10B504)
64-bit Kernel and Extensions: No
displaylink display make/model: Dell 2407WFPHC

Patrick 09-25-2009 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imoan (Post 345)
When my Mac puts the screen to sleep the displaylink monitor stays on rather than going into hibernation mode. All screens turn black but the power light on my displaylink controlled monitor stays green indefinitely.

The correct behavior occurs when I put the mac to sleep (i.e. it goes into hibernation ).

Details

displaylink version: 1.5b3
displaylink hardware: Lenovo USB-to-DVI Monitor Adapter
Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac8,1
Memory: 6 GB
System Version: Mac OS X 10.6.1 (10B504)
64-bit Kernel and Extensions: No
displaylink display make/model: Dell 2407WFPHC

Hello imoan,

that's a known issue with some monitors not correctly suspending the display even though the adapter says so.
We try to get around that problem eventually.

Regards Patrick aka Jolly

imoan 09-25-2009 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick (Post 350)
Hello imoan,

that's a known issue with some monitors not correctly suspending the display even though the adapter says so.

:(
Thanks
:)

imoan 10-19-2009 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick (Post 350)
Hello imoan,

Any idea when you will get around to this issue? A off the dome, ball park , non committal date will suffice. :)

basilmir 12-21-2009 09:48 PM

I have this problem in windows 7 also...

Also, putting the laptop to sleep does not turn off the monitor, instead the monitor says "Signal Error"

How can this NOT work... in version 5.2, do i need older drivers?

MCV 12-22-2009 03:29 PM

Good Luck

When was the last time anyone from DisplayLink responded to anything on this site? September? Maybe October for a driver update (which clearly isn't the most recent)? Going forward, it's probably a good idea to rely on this site for peer support only -- bouncing questions off each other, updating with news we hear from outside sources, etc... Clearly, DisplayLink cannot be relied upon any longer.

chris3g 12-27-2009 09:35 PM

i have a DoubleSight DS-90u with driver 1.5b7 and have the same problem. Actually, it's worse, my display doesn't even go black. It stays on but becomes inactive, displaying whatever was on the screen at the time the main display went to sleep.

MAOJC 01-03-2010 12:47 PM

Yeah I have 1.5b6 installed and my HP 24 inch HP LP2465 stops the display(goes dark) but the backlight doesn't go off and sleep the monitor

tthaler 01-07-2010 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris3g (Post 884)
i have a DoubleSight DS-90u with driver 1.5b7 and have the same problem. Actually, it's worse, my display doesn't even go black. It stays on but becomes inactive, displaying whatever was on the screen at the time the main display went to sleep.

Where did you get the driver 1.5b7?
I could only find 1.5b6.

Kind regards
Thomas

chris3g 01-08-2010 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tthaler (Post 910)
Where did you get the driver 1.5b7?
I could only find 1.5b6.

Kind regards
Thomas

it is available from Doublesight, the manufacturer of my display. However, i'm not 100% sure of this but i believe it is the same as 1.5b6, except with changes necessary to add basic support for that particular display.