DisplayLink Forum

DisplayLink Forum (https://displaylink.org/forum/index.php)
-   CLOSED - Mac 2.1 release (https://displaylink.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Extreme lag not a "known issue" on KB article? (https://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=62144)

BMT 10-23-2013 02:39 PM

Extreme lag not a "known issue" on KB article?

Hi,

Your knowledgebase article has no mention of the extreme lag that makes displays almost unusable on Mavericks.

Does this mean it is something that is being actively worked on and will be improved with the upcoming 2.1 software release rather than something that "Apple" have to fix?

Thanks.

zappcatt 10-23-2013 05:57 PM

Just another requesting an update on the sluggish mouse tracking on the DL monitor

Wim 10-24-2013 01:32 PM

Yes - we believe this will be fixed in the final v2.1 release. This is why it is not in the known issues list, as it was due to a change we needed to make in our driver for 10.9.

Wim

ladiciuus 10-25-2013 03:23 PM

At least that is some good news. The lag is the biggest problem if you ask me. That is the reason why I and many others rolled back to ML.

GrooveCharger 10-25-2013 10:19 PM

Me and my coworkers are in the same boat, please release a lag fix as soon as you can.

zappcatt 10-29-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wim (Post 71812)
Yes - we believe this will be fixed in the final v2.1 release. This is why it is not in the known issues list, as it was due to a change we needed to make in our driver for 10.9.

Wim

So your Known issues list is actually a List of things we will blame others for and do not expect to fix?

Known issues lists by reputable companies list those items which are known issues which might interfere with the expected performance of a product at a certain time.

Leaving them off because they might be fixed in a future update at some time in the future? LOL

gilesmartin 10-29-2013 05:57 PM

any chance you could provide beta testers with a copy of these drivers so we can test for you? even if i have to manually install some kext files i will be ok.

ud-chad 10-30-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gilesmartin (Post 71905)
any chance you could provide beta testers with a copy of these drivers so we can test for you? even if i have to manually install some kext files i will be ok.

Hi,

I agree any chance of getting an advanced copy of these drivers would help out greatly. I have a few users that would really like to get this lag issue resolved (or I have to revert them back to ML).

Thanks.

itadmincrbc 10-31-2013 03:43 AM

The mouse lag is still there on the beta along with horrible video performance. The screen draws like an old video card from the year 2000. Feels like 15fps or less. Hopefully that has been fixed.

ud-chad 10-31-2013 12:58 PM

Can we get a timeframe as to when the final version of 2.1 will be released? Need to determine if we rollback to ML or wait for this update.