DisplayLink Forum

DisplayLink Forum (https://displaylink.org/forum/index.php)
-   Mac Software (https://displaylink.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Issues with Zoom Screen Sharing (https://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=69164)

bjackson00 03-18-2024 06:13 PM

Issues with Zoom Screen Sharing

2 Attachment(s)
Ever since I updated to a certain version of macOS Sonoma, I have had issues with my external displays freezing while sharing my screen. I have gone to what seems like the end of the world to prevent this including the following:

1. Restart my computer
2. Fresh install of Zoom
3. Update my DisplayLink Manager to the latest version
4. Turn off hardware acceleration in Zoom settings

I have a Plugable dock that is connected to 2 external displays via HDMI. I have attached some of my system information to see if anyone else notices something I haven't.

Attachment 4471

Attachment 4472

amgz5 03-18-2024 09:44 PM

Having the same issue

I'm on Sonoma 14.3.1 and Zoom 5.17.11

I have 2 monitors plugged in and use my computer in clamshell mode. Typically within ~5 minutes of sharing my Chrome window over zoom, both external monitors freeze (not just the chrome window but entire monitor).

bdubslo 03-20-2024 02:53 PM

Having the same issue - computer freezing while on zoom

Quote:

Originally Posted by amgz5 (Post 96637)
I'm on Sonoma 14.3.1 and Zoom 5.17.11

I have 2 monitors plugged in and use my computer in clamshell mode. Typically within ~5 minutes of sharing my Chrome window over zoom, both external monitors freeze (not just the chrome window but entire monitor).

I am having the same issue. Will add that audio still works, but screens are completely frozen. Have to unplug from dock, at which point zoom crashes and have to go back in.

lmayer952 03-20-2024 05:31 PM

Same issue

Experienced it twice since updating Zoom yesterday. Both monitors freeze while sharing my screen on Zoom.

heyman 03-22-2024 04:32 PM

My screen freezes too. I have to disconnect from my external monitors completely in order to share my screen.

I've downloaded version 1.9 to see if that fixes things.

amgz5 03-25-2024 01:58 PM

I wrote into support on Friday; will keep this thread updated if/when they get back to me

mriley 03-25-2024 03:47 PM

I'm experiencing the same issue and have posted in the Zoom support forum here: https://community.zoom.com/t5/Meetin...cOS/m-p/172288

I believe this started with Zoom version 5.17.10, which included Sonoma-specific features.

aardWolf 03-26-2024 03:11 PM

I and my coworker are having the exact same issue. It was happening before I upgraded to MacOS 14.4.1, but I am now currently using the latest version of the MacOS, DisplayLink, and Zoom.

Sharing via Teams doesn't have this issue. If I plug one monitor directly into my M1 MacBook Pro it does not freeze. With the hub plugged in as well, only the monitor on the hub freezes. This is definitely related to DisplayLink and its interactions with Zoom.

DanielSznicer 03-27-2024 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjackson00 (Post 96634)
Ever since I updated to a certain version of macOS Sonoma, I have had issues with my external displays freezing while sharing my screen. I have gone to what seems like the end of the world to prevent this including the following:

1. Restart my computer
2. Fresh install of Zoom
3. Update my DisplayLink Manager to the latest version
4. Turn off hardware acceleration in Zoom settings

I have a Plugable dock that is connected to 2 external displays via HDMI. I have attached some of my system information to see if anyone else notices something I haven't.

Attachment 4471

Attachment 4472

Hello,

Can you please share more details I will need logfiles to check the feedback from the driver. For instructions on how to gather the logfiles please navigate to the following article How to report macOS issues to DisplayLink

And aslo for speedy support please send an email with the logfiles and detailed problem description to: technical-enquiries@synaptics.com

amgz5 03-29-2024 06:17 PM

Support was super helpful and resolved the issue via the steps below:

1. Please download the DisplayLink Support Tool available here
2. Disconnect your docking station from your computer
3. Run the DisplayLink Support Tool.
4. Then select Advanced in the left top corner of your top menu bar and once expanded, select Reset Screen Layout
5. Then restart the machine, connect dock again and check if you still have the freeze issues.