DisplayLink Forum

DisplayLink Forum (https://displaylink.org/forum/index.php)
-   Mac Software (https://displaylink.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   OSX drivers reading DisplayLink/.dl.xml many times a second? (https://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=63771)

xurizaemon 04-28-2015 06:09 PM

OSX drivers reading DisplayLink/.dl.xml many times a second?

I discovered opensnoop tool today and was using it to debug another problem, but the first thing I saw when running it was that DisplayLink appears to be reading /Library/Application Support/DisplayLink/.dl.xml several times a second.

Here's what a few seconds of running
Code:

sudo opensnoop
looks like to me. I'm using the latest DisplayLink OSX 2.4.beta1 and OSX 10.10.3 on a MacBook Air (11-inch, Mid 2011). I do not have a DisplayLink device (or any external devices) connected at present.

Code:

~ $ sudo opensnoop
Password:
  UID    PID COMM          FD PATH
    0    103 DisplayLinkMana  59 /Library/Application Support/DisplayLink/.dl.xml
  501    428 SpotifyWebHelpe  8 /Users/chris/Library/LaunchAgents/com.spotify.webhelper.plist
  501  1004 iTerm        24 /Applications/iTerm.app/Contents/Resources/config.png
    0    268 WindowServer  4 /Applications/iTerm.app
    0    268 WindowServer  4 /Applications/iTerm.app/Contents
    0    268 WindowServer  4 /Applications/iTerm.app/Contents/Info.plist
    0    268 WindowServer  4 /Applications/iTerm.app/Contents/Resources
    0    268 WindowServer  4 /Applications/iTerm.app/Contents/Resources
    0    268 WindowServer  4 /Applications/iTerm.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj
    0    268 WindowServer  -1 /Applications/iTerm.app/Contents/Resources/Base.lproj

Reporting because as a developer this "smells" like a place where code is not behaving as expected and might lead to bugs or suboptimal performance - would be interested if others can see the same behaviour on OSX?

Carlo 04-29-2015 10:18 AM

Thank you xurizaemon, this certainly seems odd and we'll we'll look into it

Carlo

Ludacrisvp 07-23-2015 05:55 PM

seeing the same here

I've been trying to post 'proof' of this but there seems to be an issue with the webserver... any time I attempt to put the terminal output in this post it fails.

Quote:

Cannot process request!

The server does not support the action requested by the browser.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Transaction ID: ocy6g01EKZYAAHMIY90AAAAO

Error 501

displaylink.org
Apache/2.2.0 (Centos)

Carlo 07-24-2015 06:29 AM

Hi all,

I can confirm this is an issue, we'll be providing a solution in the future.

Best regards
Carlo