DisplayLink Forum

DisplayLink Forum (https://displaylink.org/forum/index.php)
-   CLOSED: Windows 8.1 Software (https://displaylink.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Second display flicker issues (https://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=61780)

nuwanginige 06-27-2013 10:40 PM

Second display flicker issues

2 Attachment(s)
I just installed Win8.1 and the beta DisplayLink drivers, and now my second monitor is flickering intermittently, sometimes rendering the display unusable. I've followed all of the debugging instructions documented on the site, and attached the diagnostics zip created by the log tool (I ran it in advanced mode while the flickering was happening). Could you please have a look?

I tried a couple of different screencapture methods, but couldn't get a picture. The best I was able to do was the attached picture from my phone.

Please let me know if there's anything further you need on my end.

Wim 06-28-2013 03:14 PM

Hi

That looks like a hardware problem, which is why the screen capture software is not seeing it.

Did this just start happening on Windows 8.1?

Wim

nuwanginige 06-28-2013 03:56 PM

Yes - it only started after I installed Windows 8.1 and the beta DisplayLink drivers. I was previously running Windows 8 without any of these issues.

Sean33 06-28-2013 09:00 PM

I was having the same flickering issues and tearing. If I lower the resolution and apply the changes then go back to full resolution it seems to fix the problem.

nuwanginige 07-02-2013 04:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Now both of my connected displays are flickering constantly - I had swapped out my originally reported display with another display, but no luck there. Furthermore, after swapping the monitors between the dock outputs, I now have both displays flickering constantly.

I re-ran the log capture tool as well - results attached. Any thoughts? I also tried lowering and resetting the screen resolution, with no luck there.

JamesH 07-03-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean33 (Post 70041)
I was having the same flickering issues and tearing. If I lower the resolution and apply the changes then go back to full resolution it seems to fix the problem.

Hi,

Can I ask what make and model of system you have?

Thanks,
James

JamesH 07-08-2013 11:06 AM

Hi,

I've raised this issue internally for investigation.

Thanks,
James

Sean33 07-10-2013 09:58 PM

I'm running a Lenovo X1 Carbon Touch with Two external Samsung SyncMaster 2043BWX connected via DVI at 1680x1050.

Only the second monitor has the issue. It appears after a restart or reconnect to the port. At times the resolution change does not solve the screen flashing to black.

nuwanginige 07-15-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesH (Post 70203)
Hi,

I've raised this issue internally for investigation.

Thanks,
James

Hi James - any update that you can share?

JamesH 07-19-2013 11:07 AM

Hi,

Nothing at the moment - can you try the latest Intel graphics driver through Windows Update?

Thanks,
James