View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 09:49 PM   #15
MikeKulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastahype View Post
Well, I've already registered the domain names. I just don't have anything on the site. I figured I could set it up as a blog with comments (Real easy with DreamHost). The only real issue I have with all this is the sleep issue. I can live without the acceleration and other bells and whistles - I just can't stand it when I have to put my macbook back to sleep to wake my second LCD.
I think it's time to get this site up and running. The mac drivers from displaylink are simply not up to standard and the message needs to be sent out. How can something be in beta for what must be 2 years now? The fact is I've had this adaptor for 6 months and it's only worked for a few days within this time (I'm having a different issue to what is listed in this thread). Someone here has stated that we should wait to see how things pan out but that post was several months ago and I think even then we'd been waiting for a long time for a fix to these common problems. The fact is that mac support for DisplayLink is very poor and mac users need to know that this card is not currently a workable solution.