View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 08:20 PM   #6
SpyderZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Hmmm that setup should just work. Does it work with just one additional display connected ? The USB Hub you are using was connected to the system with your sleep test without the DL driver right ?
Does the system go to sleep without the DL driver installed but the monitors attached ?

The USB disks you need to ignore. The reason for that is the Monitors contain a virtual cdrom attached via USB which seems to be unreadable by MacOS X.

About the power saving - the displays should go to sleep if they implement all powersaving states. Some displays are known that they don't support all states. We are thinking about a workaround for those displays but it's harder as one might think as other displays then have different problems.

Regards Jolly aka Patrick

Q. Does it work with just one additional display connected ?

A. No. Same issues still exist, even with one display connected.

Q. The USB Hub you are using was connected to the system with your sleep test without the DL driver right ?

A. I do not have a USB Hub with my setup. I plug directly into the Mac Pro. When I uninstalled the driver and disconnected the displays and only used the two displays on the graphics card, everything operated properly. Sleep, screen power saving, reset, shutdown, etc. I still had other USB devices, the external hard drive, and Wacom tablet hooked up still when doing this.

Q. Does the system go to sleep without the DL driver installed but the monitors attached ?

A. No. The system attempts to go to sleep, but only makes it half way like usual. I have to hard reset the machine to get back into it. The fans stay on and the power LED does not pulsate like it would while in full sleep mode.

I guess reproducing this error with the screens plugged in and driver uninstalled would indicate a hardware conflict of sorts. What now?