View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 09:12 PM   #36
jaywill80

Default HP 8440p i5 M520 2.GHz w/ USB 2.0 Docking station lockups/freezes!

This started to occur all of sudden after our Windows 7 roll out. (Of course it didn't occur once during our pilot deployment.) As other have stated users will laptops will completely lock up and are unresponsive. So it’s impossible to provide any debug information. The only error that is recorded in the event viewer is unexpected shutdown. From what I have seen the issue seems to occur when using IE 8, Power Point 2010, in house app that uses .NET

The hardware model that we are using is HP 8440p i5 M520 2.4Ghz running Windows 7 Pro. The docking station model is HP USB 2.0 http://h30094.www3.hp.com/product.as...AA&pagemode=ca

The display core software installed is: 5.6.31870.0 driver that is installed is version: 5.6.31854.0 this driver was installed when checking the display link updates from the GUI.
When checking the site for the latest driver 5.6.31548 is currently available for download? Not sure why the driver on the site has a lower revision number then what I’m currently running? Can someone please let me know what the most current driver version is?

Tried changing power settings in Windows 7 to High Performance and disabling USB sleep. This seemed to help some users but, there are still users that are having this intermittent freezing issue.

Also another thing that is worth noting is I updated the NVIIDA graphics driver to 280.26 for 2 users that were having this issue and it seems to have stopped the freezing. However, it’s only been a few days for one user and about 7 days for the other since the upgrade but, so far so good. However, not sure why this would have fixed the issue? Conflict between the display link and NVIDIA driver? Anyway Keeping my fingers crossed.

Any additional insight into possible causes the freezing issue would very be helpful.

Any questions please let me know.
Thanks

Last edited by jaywill80; 09-08-2011 at 09:13 PM. Reason: No Tittle
jaywill80 is offline   Reply With Quote