View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 12:10 PM   #16
IPR

Default Firefox V8 stopped working on DL monitor

Hi

Recently updated Windows 7 64 Bit with various windows updates. Now Firefox V8 does not work on the Display Link screen (it worked fine before). I tried disabling and re enabling, no change. Other programs seem to work the same as before. Firefox when moved to that screen stops responding to inputs, works fine on my HDMI screen and main laptop screen.

I do not want to use the suggested workaround -- clearly I dont want to disable hardware acceleration or change to the windows aero themes which waste resources. So I have not tried that.

Sadly however I use Firefox a fair bit for its Zotero integration and like to use it on the DL screen.

Surely by now Display Link would have come up with a fix for this since I see it has been an issue for over a year? I do have the most up to date drivers from the DL site. I do not see workarounds or blaming microsoft as being a productive way of dealing with the situation.

Could you please fix this or let me know a practical workaround that does not involve reducing system performance?

Thank you
IPR is offline   Reply With Quote