View Single Post
Old 03-05-2015, 08:29 PM   #67
robertsondonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by computerguru View Post
With the latest driver (7.8.59999.0), none of my DisplayLink monitors work anymore. I currently just have one plugged in, it's recognized by Windows as another display, but is completely blank. Also running the latest AMD Catalyst Omega drivers (14.501.1003.0). The support tool zip in my other thread was ran against all 6 of my USB monitors, but demonstrates the same thing happening:

http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=63614

[EDIT] I also ran the DisplayLink Cleanup tool and re-installed 7.8.59999.0 from Windows Updates...still the same issue [/EDIT]

How does one roll back a version of the driver on Windows 10? And how do we prevent the specific version of the driver from being installed as part of a later automatic update?
I have to agree with you here. How can we prevent drivers from updating? My previous driver on this build worked perfect. Since the update, I have been unable to use any DisplayLink monitors.

To answer your question, you can rollback drivers by going to the device manager. Right click the driver and open its properties. I believe the second tab will give you the ability to rollback or uninstall a driver.

If we could have the download to the beta driver, I am sure we could uninstall the driver and install the appropriate driver. Please help DisplayLink!!

UPDATE: After reading the thread and seeing there was an update (7.8.59999.0) that I did not try, I have provided my steps to make this work. Do you mind trying it to let us know if it works? We may have to do other troubleshooting.

Last edited by robertsondonte; 03-05-2015 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Not relavant