View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 04:40 PM   #2
SpyderZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonDog View Post
Hi,

This is I believe the same problem described in some posts under this thread.. I'm starting this one to provide the debugging and a little more information on my case.

I had (I believe) version 1.5b3 of the displaylink driver installed, and working successfully, on a snow leopard 10.6.1. After updating the OS to version 10.6.2 I ran into the following problem (Note that the system has 3 monitors. 1 embedded, 1 DVI and 1 VGA through display link):

Almost always when the computer tries to wake up from sleep the two monitors with normal connections 'wake up' and display the appropriate screen but remains frozen with no mouse cursor. The displaylink monitor does not 'wake up' (with LED indicating that it's OFF). The computer is working in the background because I hear notifications of emails being received and other applications but the image is still from pre-sleep.

The solution I have found around this has already been reported too, which is put the computer to sleep again (I press the power button once) and then trying to wake it up again. This usually works and awakes all monitors appropriately and brings the mouse cursor up.

I've uninstalled the driver and installed the latest one (1.5b6) and the problem still remains. I'm temporarily avoiding to use the monitor connected through displaylink till I have the issue fixed.

Attached is the debug log from your Debug Tool application. The unit is from EVGA (I believe more info is included in the debug log). Still, if you need more information please let me know.

Regards,
MoonDog
I too have this issue. I resolve the issue by unplugging the DisplayLink cable for five seconds then plug it back in. Serious pain in the butt...it's end of year...where are the GA release of the drivers and 64bit support??