View Single Post
Old 01-07-2021, 11:34 PM   #1
jeffnebraska

Default M1 Mac Intermittent Problems with Plugable Displaylink Doc

I am having weird, intermittent problems with my new M1 Mac Mini and a Plugable UD-UTLCDL, USB-C dock.

When the dock is working, it works perfectly (dual monitors, sound device, ethernet, all external devices linked, etc.). However, here are the list of intermittent problems I see, which often go away by unplugging and replugging the dock USB-C cable, but not always.

1. Dock is never recognized after restart until I unplug it and plug it back in, despite having the “Login screen extension status” plugin for DisplayLink Manager installed.
2. Sometimes boots into or gets into a state where apps hang on launch or webpages won't fully load, which makes the computer unusable until I unplug and replug the USB-C connection
3. “Plugable Audio” sound device not appearing in the menu bar at the right top (common) or not appearing in the System Preferences Audio applet (less common, but also happens)
4. Some functions of the dock working, but not others (e.g., both monitors come on and ethernet working, but neither mouse nor keyboard working)

Really not sure how to problem solve these intermittent, but pretty annoying issues. When I can’t get around them, I end restarting several times and just waiting for a “good connection” to the dock, which really stinks.

Anyone else seeing anything like this?
jeffnebraska is offline   Reply With Quote