View Single Post
Old 03-09-2024, 01:52 PM   #5
housecathank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirs1992 View Post
I'm running a similar setup (dual monitors with a WavLink dock on my MacBook Air) and haven't updated to 14.3.1 yet because of these reports.
I installed latest Mac Sonoma 14.4 in the hopes and because DL promised update DL 1.10.1 has not materialized. Hoping Sonoma14.4 would solve - but alas no. 14.4 with DL ver1.9 will initially drive 2 external monitors but will not charge/power the laptop. In addition laptop does not indicate/receive power from USB-C WavLink in spite of the OEM Mac MagSafe being plugged in.

Then, when I unplug USB-C WavLink/DL voila - instantly the laptop MenuBar displays charging. Plug the USB-C laptop to WavLink/DL and Mac MenuBar power source is reduced to battery power only.

This is very very frustrating. More than a month now DL Mr.Rampon has promised a fix. And/or he blames WavLink. WavLink will not recognize this is their problem until DL software is functional. I do not expect this is a WavLink problem either, but until DL & Rampon get to work and solve what they have admitted is 'a few' problems I am stuck.

Next is to run the Mac DisplayLink support tool (if I find myself willing to invest more time trying to follow a long list of instructions) and find out if DL & Mr.Rampon are going to maybe respond.
housecathank is offline   Reply With Quote