View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 03:07 PM   #8
djt

Default Dynadock ethernet port

I had the same problem with the Dynadock U. The ethernet port was not recognized after upgrading to Snow Leopard 10.6.4. It worked fine with 10.5. I got it to work for a while using the technique described above under 10.6.3, but that seemed to stop working under 10.6.4. I also tried the technique shown at http://plugable.com/2010/06/16/worka...-usb-ethernet/ , which is basically just a script to automatically call the commands above.

I don't know if it is something related to trying these work arounds, or if the Dynadock coincidentally broke while trying to get the driver working, but now the usb-ethernet device is not even showing up in the System Profiler. I even tried to see if the ethernet port worked on a windows computer (both XP and 7), and both of those show an unrecognized USB device, but no USB-Ethernet devices. I did a fresh install of the drivers on both windows machines. I now have to use a separate USB-to-Ethenet adapter attached to the Dynadock so I can have network connectivity.