View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 02:37 AM   #1
SamC

Question Fail to install DisplayLink successfully

I have a Gateway tablet laptop with a Intel Core Duo processor and a Intel 945GM video chip. The machine is running Windows Vista SP2.

When I first installed the software, it successfully installed the Core Software. As it proceeded to install the Graphics software, the green bar that is for indicating progress advanced to "100%" before it retreated to zero. Then the installation process stop without completing the installation. I uninstalled the software and tried again. The same problems were repeated.

Then for some unknown circumstances, both the Core and Graphics software were installed. I then reboot and plugged in the adapter, the system tried to install the drivers and indicated it has successfully installed the drivers. But all this time, the green light on the adapter never lighted up.

I then rebooted and nothing. The green light didn't come on and the adapter didn't work, although the device manager indicated the driver was installed and good.

I tried this many time and failed to make it work.

I then tried it on a different laptop that runs XP. The installation was smooth and successful. And the adapter worked as described.

I then installed a new copy of Vista without SP2 on my first laptop, the installation was again successful and the adapter worked.

But it won't work on the Vista SP2. I have used software to clean out the Registers, invalid installation links. I even used the DL Cleaner, but no go. Any idea? Thanks.