View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 04:41 PM   #1
dougmarino

Unhappy Display issues on reboot

Hello all!

By way of introduction, I am a fairly advanced computer user in that I can usually fix things on my laptop, change settings, troubleshoot most issues, but this has me baffled. I have seen similar postings here but nothing exactly on point, so here goes:

I have a Toshiba laptop with an Intel Quad Core i7 processor, Windows 7 Home Premium with SP1, NVIDIA graphics and I am running DisplyLink software via a Toshiba Dynadock U Port Replicator. I only use the built-in monitor and do not believe I would ever hook up an external display on this machine, but I guess you never know. All of the software is up-to-date as of this email.

The problem is, since I installed the software for the port replicator - which included DisplayLink - I noticed that everytime my computer was rebooted, my icons would be moved all over the screen and the cursor would fall off the edge of the display. I noticed that when I would go into screen resolution I had two displays showing at the top of the window and that "Multiple Displays" would be set to "extend these displays." When I returned the Multiple Display setting to "Show Desktop Only on 1" the cursor would function normally and I would then have to manually return my icons to their previous locations, only to have to go through this again the next time I restarted or rebooted. It has been very frustrating. My wife has the computer without the Dynadock and DisplayLink and she does not have this issue.

I originally thought it was a hardware issue so I called Toshiba. They said no and referred me to Microsoft with whom I have been dealing for several weeks and they have had me trying all kinds of things with no relief. I upgraded all of my drivers and I uninstalled and reinstalled the Dynadock software and upgraded all of the software that had updates. I seemed to have narrowed it down to a problem or conflict due to the Multiple Monitor function of your software, because I did not have this problem during the time it was uninstalled and there was no settings available for multiple monitors.

I would appreciate any help or suggestions you could offer. Thank you in advance for your time and kind assistance here!
dougmarino is offline   Reply With Quote