View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 01:56 PM   #4
CodeDog

Unhappy Still no help... rabbit chasing stinks!

Hey Bernie....

Thanks for trying to help, but this seems like a bit of a 'rabbit chasing' effort. The "removal tool" for McAfee is not actually something that you use ON your PC to remove/uninstall McAfee product, but rather a setting on/in your McAfee account to 'deactivate' those products from your machine (access their site to affect settings on your PC?). I went to the link you provided, then searched deeper for 'Removal Tool', and concluded the following link is the best solution - McAfee Removal Tool

But, NONE of that is relevant for me in that; 1) I have disabled ALL firewall and Virus software while attempting to install this DisplayLink software, 2) I uninstalled the McAfee software that came with this new PC (using Windows firewall stuff instead), and 3) this PC of mine is a Windows 8 OS (the link I show above claims the removal tool is not applicable for Windows 8).

I am still unable to install the software to enable dual display usage on my Inspiron 5520 notebook (Windows 8 OS). The software for the video drivers will just NOT install.
Scottsdale, AZ 85260
Phone: 480.607.2888 x41
Cell: 602.363.4283
Fax: 866.944.4828

www.protecsolutions.net
CodeDog is offline   Reply With Quote