View Single Post
Old 03-05-2015, 08:48 PM   #68
robertsondonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuba View Post
Hello All,
Issue with wrong driver version on Windows Update for Win10 should be fixed now.
If you have 7.7.Mx DisplayLink driver downloaded from Windows Update I recommend to uninstall DisplayLink Software as described here:
http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=297 and then download again driver from Windows Update.
Please let us know about the results.

BR,
Kuba
Kuba

THIS DID WORK FOR ME!!! Make sure your remove the DisplayLink hardware before starting. Here is the exact process I followed:

1. Open Control Panel and select Programs and Features
2. Select software with the name 'DisplayLink' and uninstall
3. Restart your computer once they all are uninstalled
4. Go here: http://displaylink.com/support/sla.php?fileid=121
5. Download the DisplayLink Installation Cleaner by selecting Agree
6. Extract the zip file, right-click the EndUserCleaner.exe and select Run as administrator
7. Select Yes when the pop-up appears
8. Hit Enter to start the process. Hit Enter only once. It will inform you that it completed then you can hit Enter to exit the program. If the window disappears without telling you it completed, run the file again. Remember to hit Enter only once when it is needed.
9. Restart your computer and connect your DisplayLink device
10. Open Settings and select Update & Recovery
11. Select Check for updates
12. You should see the DisplayLink driver update appear
13. Unlike other driver updates, a terms and conditions will appear, select Agree
14. Restart your computer when done

You can verify you have the correct driver in your device manager. The version that resolve my issue is 7.8.59999.0.

NOW I HAVE MY THREE MONITORS BACK!! I have not tested my USB monitor but I am hoping that will work. If not, I will let you know. If this does not work for someone, please let us know.

THANK YOU DISPLAYLINK!!

Last edited by robertsondonte; 03-05-2015 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Addition information and typo