View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 01:36 PM   #1
Jp.Bogler

Default Monitor switches off without extended desktop

Hello,

i'm writing an application where it is important, that the user is not able to disturb my painted graphics. Therefore i want to switch off the "extend desktop" option for the display Link graphic adapter.
Unfortunately, the monitor is completely switched off, when i remove the "extend desktop" option (the power LED turns to orange). I know that painting on devices is possible, even if the desktop is not extend to them, because i allready got it running with another (PCMCIA) graphic adapter.

I use a Display solution Viewlinker DL-160, with a DisplayLink 160 chip and the 5.3 driver. I think i located my problem in the debug traces (DisplayLinkManager.log):

- When i set the extend desktop option there is a trace:
00:18:45.832 ViewerProvider:01F9CE7C RotatableNivoViewerImpl USB_0173_202770 INFO NivoViewerImpl.cpp:704 Changing blanking mode from PowerOff to None

- When i remove the extend desktop option there is a trace:
00:19:03.848 ViewerProvider:01F9CE7C RotatableNivoViewerImpl USB_0173_202770 INFO NivoViewerImpl.cpp:704 Changing blanking mode from None to PowerOff

My question now is: Is there a possibility to leave the monitor on and paint on it, even if it is not a part of the extended desktop?