View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 01:47 AM   #29
dhodgin

Same problem for me. the dock works with just usb keyboard, mouse, and 1gb ethernet plugged into it. As soon as i connect an external monitor the secondary display does not turn on and the laptop screen begins flashing on and off repeatedly.

Tried forcing my video to use nvidia card then intel integrated and both do the same thing

as soon as i unplug the monitor the laptop screen stops flashing and works normally.

Ive tried three different external monitors

I've plugged the dock into my home desktop system and installed the latest Lenovo driver and it works no problem on my home desktop with 3 monitors

On ASUS Zenbook UX32VD any external monitor causes the laptop screen to flash repeatedly and the external monitor does not display anything.

Got a replacement unit from Lenovo (refurbished) and it has the exact same problem.

Ive uninstalled all drivers, run the clean utility, and reinstalled the latest lenovo device drivers (v10708 http://support.lenovo.com/en_CA/guid...DocID=UM014961) and then displaylink 7.3M1 and still the same problem on windows 8 on my ASUS Zenbook laptop.

I also flashed the firmware to the 9.28 version while i had the dock attached to my home pc since i could not update it while attached to my laptop it would say no device found. the utility said the firmware upgrade was successful

Home pc runs drivers v10708 and 7.2 I believe. (Which ever displaylink drivers they have integrated with lenovos v10708 software I didn't upgrade to 7.3M1 on home desktop because everything worked fine)

I've set my usb power settings on the laptop power plan to max as well.

no display will work at all
dhodgin is offline   Reply With Quote