View Single Post
Old 07-04-2017, 10:52 PM   #7
i2000s

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbanRampon View Post
Hello,
The audio driver you are using is the brand new Windows inbox one.
Which we haven't yet switched to because it causes major *video* performance impact on that version. We have worked with Microsoft on making an inbox driver we can use, to lighten our driver even more.
We intend to switch to the inbox audio driver when it is fixed. It's supposed to be fixed recently but we haven't yet verified it so this would be in our v8.4.

Could you please force the DisplayLink audio driver by:
  1. Go to Device Manager
  2. Edit the properties of the audio device
  3. Select Update driver
  4. Then select Browse my computer
  5. Let me pick...
  6. Have Disk...
  7. Navigate to C:\Program Files\DisplayLink Core Software\Drivers
  8. Select dlusbaudio.inf
  9. It will show "DisplayLink USB Audio Adapter"
  10. Click on Next
  11. It shows "installing drivers..."
  12. Confirm the driver version is now DisplayLink 8.2...

Kind regards,
Alban
Thank you for your response. I am going through the steps you provided, but once I selected the dlusbaudio.inf driver, there was an error saying that "The folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible software driver for your device. If the folder contains a driver, make sure it is designed to work with Windows for x64-based system." Then it stopped from installing the driver.

I am using a Windows Pro x64 OS, it looks strange to me.

BTW, I also experienced a White Screen of Death today after awakening my computer from sleep. I am not sure if this is related to the Displaylink driver, as it only provided a QR code for the detailed error message which I don't know how to find out the details of the error. This is the first time I saw this White screen error, before it was always Blue Screen of Death if happened.

Last edited by i2000s; 07-04-2017 at 10:59 PM.
i2000s is offline   Reply With Quote