View Single Post
Old 11-30-2016, 09:21 PM   #10
Stepinsky

Default did you try the fast way?

Did you read this?
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
Try the official way. Not all threads are closely monitored.

I understand your anger, but reading this made me laugh:
Quote:
Someone is responsible for this malfunction - either you guys, Google, or Microsoft, and thus far nobody has accepted responsibility or issued a fix. I can't even get someone on the Google product forums to pay attention at all, so the only way I see this getting resolved is if you guys get in touch with Google (or Microsoft) and tell them there's a problem which needs correcting.
Did you really expected an answer or a solution when you posted at the Google product forums? Chrome is for free, so there is no guaranteed support.

Generally speaking, from a project managers view: if there's an issue just a few people are suffering from, there will be no chance that any dev will look at it. Any team has to prioritize, and so you go top down, starting with the most urgent stuff. And if it's possible to easily workaround a certain problem (like using another browser), nobody will give it a high priority.

What makes you so sure, that your problem is related to Google, Microsoft or DisplayLink? Did you already check, if it's a driver conflict with your Nvidia card?
Did you check if it's a common issue with Chrome? Did you search for "netflix stuttering chrome"? There are several links, like this one.
Did you check with "resource monitor" or the "details" view in task manager what's happening? Maybe it's releated to high I/O operations, it could be an issue with overloading the USB bus (that would be an issue with DisplayLink drivers).
Maybe something went wrong with the Win 10 Update?
Did you try disabling hardware acceleration in Chrome?

BTW: I don't have any problems watching videos in Chrome, even when using two different DisplayLink monitors, an integrated Intel graphics and a Nvidia card at the same time.
Stepinsky is offline   Reply With Quote