View Single Post
Old 09-12-2014, 06:55 AM   #8
Carlo
Mac Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevize View Post
The uninstaller works on the version of OS X you are running. You should use that.

Also.... me answering the above speaks volumes for exactly my fear.

Where are the DisplayLink support people? Why has there been no response at all to requests for information? Is OS X development dead for DisplayLink? Sure would be nice to know before more people spend money buying adapters!

I've called, I've emailed and I've posted on this forum. I've heard nothing at all, gotten no response what so ever. Are the lights even on?
Hi Trevize,

We're still working on the Mac drivers do not worry.
However I have to set your expectations: it is unlikely that the next beta will address the most annoying Mavericks/Yosemite issues.
It's true that we are still looking for workarounds, but the real fix has to be in the OS to bring it back to the full functionality of OSX 10.8.x.

About the uninstaller, it looks like there is an issue in code authentication since the DP6.
It's not difficult to work around and the next version of the SW will have a working uninstaller.

Please write here if you need to uninstall manually. There is a tedious list of files to delete, different for each OS version.

Cheers,
Carlo
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote