View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 08:35 AM   #9
Carlo
Mac Team

Hi Everyone,

We have tested the latest 10.9.2 preview and unfortunately we have not found any fixes.

If you look at the list at http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=354 so far we have confirmed that all issues but one are due to OS regressions.
The "Second DisplayLink display connected may be blank" issue is still not 100% confirmed but it looks very likely to be another OS-induced issue.

This does not mean that we are powerless: as I wrote in other threads we can work around a few issues and are working on them. One in particular turned out to be trickier than expected but we're not far from a solution.
As usual it would be unwise to give release dates, sorry.

In any case for all issues is worth raising a bug on bugreport.apple.com. I'm told these bug reports are being read and duplicate reports are useful to increase the priority of issues.

I know this update is not very satisfactory and the worry is to have another 10.8 with OS fixes coming one year after version 10.8.0. We continue to explore all options to avoid that.

I leave you with a possible workaround for multiple external screens: we've been told that some issues are influenced by the order the devices are seen by the OS. You may want to experiment with that.

Cheers,
Carlo
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote