View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013, 11:17 AM   #1
yuvalr

Default Installing drivers doesn't work

Hi,

I have a Samsung 530U3B-A01 laptop running Windows 7, and I'm trying to connect to it 4 Dell U2312HM monitors. I bought a D-Link DUB-1340 4-way USB 3.0 hub, connected it to a USB 3.0 port on the laptop on the one end, and to 4 DisplayLink USB display adapters. IT doesn't work

First, it almost worked - it managed to make 3 of the 4 monitors work. I assumed it's one of USB display adapters that's malfunctioning, but uninstalling the DisplayLink SW and reinstalling made a different monitor to stop working. Looked like there's some 3 monitor limit I hit. Funny enough, 3 monitors worked also when I connected to a USB 2 port (which I initially did, because I didn't know it was a USB 2 port).

After numerous uninstalling and reinstalling, things got much worse. Now drivers fail to install properly ("device unplugged", see attached screen capture, but it is plugged), and I get at most one monitor to show something, but the system keeps trying, and every few seconds the monitors (the laptop's and the external one) blink. Awful. So I thought it's something with my Windows that's gone weird with all the uninstalling/reinstalling. I tried it with a friend's computer and the same thing happened!

So now I'm clueless... What can I do?
Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DisplayLinkError.jpg (19.6 KB, 4 views)
yuvalr is offline   Reply With Quote