View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 02:57 PM   #3
donutdude246

Quote:
Originally Posted by wditters View Post
I'm afraid it will not do you much good. In this case it's not the displaylink driver or your Macbook's USB capabilities that are the determining factor, but your USB stick's technology. That is limited to USB 2.0. Of course, under OSX it might still improve with better drivers, but no driver update or notebook capabilities are going bring the performance beyond that what you are currently experiencing under Windows.

If you really want higher performance I would recommend for starters that you look around for one of the USB 3.0 alternatives based on the DL 3x00 chipset. I personally would recommend the Lenovo USB 3.0 dock with 2x DVI, 1x Gbit Ethernet and audio/USB 3.0 ports.
Thanks for the reply, but I'm not sure if you understood my question (maybe I was being confusing). I was asking, if I were to buy a USB 3.0 adaptor based on the DL 3x00 chipset right now, would the performance be fast enough (compared to my current USB 2.0 adapter) using the current OSX DL 3x00 alpha drivers to justify spending the money on the 3.0 adaptor?

Last edited by donutdude246; 02-08-2013 at 03:01 PM.