View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 09:10 AM   #2
ChristianP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kas View Post
I have been using my BVU 195 with beta 4 for about a week now and have noticed a few problems:

1) Slow Performance
Although I have not used the adapter with 10.6, rearranging windows and dragging the mouse around produces a noticeable lag. I am not sure if this is a technological limitation, but it does not live up to the "butter smooth" reviews I have been reading.
Due to an architectural change in the OS, the driver performance in Lion is slower than in 10.6, but we are working on improving performance.

Quote:
2) Display In and Out of Sleep
My adapter is connected to a Dell U2311HM monitor via DVI. After putting my computer to sleep, the main display will turn off while the secondary will sleep then turn on for a few seconds, then turn off, then on, etc.. forever. When its on the screen mentions that it discovered a video source via DVI. I have tested this monitor connected directly to the laptop and it sleeps perfectly.
Do you put the laptop to sleep closing the lid or selecting the sleep action from the apple menu? Could you please use the debug tool here http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269, switch the verbosity to DEBUG (unplug and re-plug the DisplayLink adapter), put the display to sleep (for 2/3 on/off cycles) and collect the logs? Thanks

Quote:
3) Negative/Weird Colors
After disconnecting the laptop from the monitor, some images on the screen will be unreadable. This includes widgets, drop down menu items and programs including Fire Fox and Outlook. A reset will take care of the problem. It does not always appear, but has occurred a few times so far.
Unfortunately this is not a known issue. If it happens again, could you please grab a photo of the weird screen? Thanks