View Single Post
Old 07-10-2015, 11:24 PM   #6
uptownchi

Default PB1 w/supplemental patch works with EVGA UV Plus+ 39

Good Evening,

I have a the UV Plus+ 39 and I am not sure which chipset it is but I can confirm it is working on El Capitan w/USB 3.0 on a Mid2011 Mac Mini. Initially it did not work at all and USB was no recognized. I ran the supplemental update this afternoon and rebooted. It came online afterwards.

Screen looks fine, same brilliant colors and it still has the weird artifacts from previous versions. CPU utilization is 6%-8% when idle and the window server is taking up about 3% of that. DisplayLinkManager is about 0.2% to 1.5% when idle. It it has spiked to around here and there 7% then drop back down. It's nothing I see constantly though. DisplayLinkUserAgent process will stay around 0.2% - 1.5% but typically at the lower end.

Occasionally I see this error on the consolelog but I am not sure if it is related:
WindowServer:allocate_backing_surface : IOAccelCreateSurface = e00002c7

I would like to add that although it does not use the Quartz compositor, no QE, etc, the display is visibly faster with redraw, etc. If I place a window on the screen and move it around it doesn't lag like it did in Yosemite. It looks almost as fast as the native HDMI and Mini-Displayport monitors.

This monitor is a 1440x900 Viewsonic LCD using DVI.

Last edited by uptownchi; 07-10-2015 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Adding more information.
uptownchi is offline   Reply With Quote