View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 04:28 AM   #7
cppchriscpp

I get the same problem too. I'd like to add this happens even if the mimo monitor is not plugged in but the software is still installed. I've gotten numerous blue screens from the thing, and this is the main reason I can't make regular use of the thing. My desktop needs to be stable, and despite firmware updates, my problems still have not been remedied.

To make this example more concrete for a bug report,

CPU: AMD Athlon 6000+ 64 bit 3.0Ghz processor
RAM: 8gb DDR2
GPU: Nvidia 8800GTS (320MB model)

Issue: Displays all stop responding upon the screensaver going on/the machine automatically locking. The only easy remedy I have found for this is to log in, (Yes, without being able to see the prompt.) log back out with windows key+l, then log in again. This issue also appears to lead to frequent blue screens of death.

Without the software installed this machine will run fine with no slowdowns for months on end. (Literally, months. I restart if windows update complains about needing a restart loudly enough.) With the software installed, graphical performance takes a hit that gets progressively worse. Internet Explorer (I am a web designer; I need to use it once in a while. :<) begins visibly flickering like a graphical .NET application made by a user unfamiliar with double buffering. After this point a blue screen of death usually occurs within two hours. If I install the software on this machine it will blue screen on me within two days. I should note this is on my full-sized monitors that these problems occur, not on the USB monitor.

In addition, the issue with Fallout 3 crashing on startup is STILL not fixed. I have not seen anyone else bring it up, so I figure that it is worth a mention.

I'm sorry to say, but until there are some serious changes to the software I won't be able to keep this thing plugged into my desktop PC, which makes it almost useless to me.