Thread: Beta 2 Bugs
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 05:30 PM   #52
bassman78

Unhappy Driver Bugs on OS X Lion

Here are my problems:

1) using shortcuts for Mission Control (e.g. command+1,2,3 to go directly to desktop 1,2,3...) renders the keyboard dead. I am able to continue using keyboard shortcuts for Mission control, but actual typing of text and other keyboard input does not work.
-> only way to get keyboard to work again is by going to Activity Monitor and quitting the process called "Dock"

2) drag and drop problem, as reported by others
-> good to know that putting computer to sleep makes this problem go away

3.1) preview of anything (video, pdf, image...) does not work. (i.e. click an image, hit space bar to preview it, and the window comes up but it is greyed out with no content)

3.2) video does not show image (in quick time it's black, in vlc it's white screen). Audio comes through normally.

3.3) some pages in Safari go mysteriously blank after a splitsecond of loading. Must be related to 3.1 and 3.2. Chrome works fine. Have not tested on Firefox.

3.4) I have not tested all my apps, but I assume that the displaying of content is probably not working correctly on other apps as well, such as calendar and keynote, as reported by the above user. Must be co-related.

4) Login screen is grey. Lucky me I use automatic login, but when troubleshooting my issues with Apple support, they asked me to create a new login to see if problems where there again (this was before I realized it was an issue with the displaylink driver). Once I created that second login and tried to get to it, I experience the same gray screen that everybody is talking about.
-> only way to fix this was to boot in safe mode (holding shift when powering up), and then putting account to login automatically again.

The above issues happen with or without my external displays connected. Over the weekend I reinstalled Lion and the problems went away. When I renistalled the driver and the problems came back I had the epiphany of the source of the issues.

Any ideas on when the next driver version will be released?
Anything else I can do to help you identify and solve these problems?

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLink Information.zip (283.5 KB, 672 views)

Last edited by bassman78; 07-25-2011 at 05:32 PM. Reason: extra info