View Single Post
Old 08-15-2017, 04:29 AM   #3
Vansen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbanRampon View Post
Hello,

It's difficult to comment on 2 specific examples without seeing what you're trying to run them on.
Standard Dell Latitude latitude 7280 - i5 - 8GB RAM
If you were to follow the instructions provided in both examples you could potentially see the issue that I am describing. As in the tests, the size of the open window (IE. Chrome or Excel) will directly effect the mouse lag experience. In my testing i'm using a 1x34" display (3440 x 1440) so the displaylink software has to "drive" a lot of pixels.

Quote:
The current Windows 10 and the Windows 7 DisplayLink drivers are 2 totally different architectures.
DisplayLink driver doesn't know what application you run, so it doesn't do any adaptation based on the web browser you are using. As you indicate that the issue is not present on IE, what led you to single out the DisplayLink solution as being the source of your CPU usage?
When using a non DisplayLink dock, like the Dell WD15 or the older E-port docks I was unable to reproduce the problems on the same testing laptops. Furthermore, only when connected to the D6000 and placing the chrome or excel windows on the 34" display do the problems occur. When the Chrome and Excel windows a dragged down to the laptop screen the problem do not occur.

Quote:
Also, you are seeing the CPU gauge, but the bottleneck may be the memory bandwidth and the CPU waiting on data copy...

Understanding your reasoning may help uncover other data you tested but didn't express here.

Regards,
Alban
The 2 tests are indicative of issues my users are experiencing (slow mouse and KB input), none of my users are visiting that website or using that excel benchmark. It just a 100% way that I can show you what ours users are reporting to me.
Vansen is offline   Reply With Quote