View Single Post
Old 02-22-2017, 06:47 AM   #7
piroi002

Default re Intel and Nvidia Graphic Cards Problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbanRampon View Post
Hello Ivan,

DisplayLink does not compute graphics and it technically cannot work without a working graphics card.

If the third party application does not work, you will need to talk to the author of the application. DisplayLink will not change Intel or NVidia control panel to behave according to the Windows specs. The kernel graphics driver DisplayLink uses on Windows 10 Anniversary Update is from Microsoft themselves.
With hundreds of thousands of daily active users of devices based on DisplayLink technology on Windows 10 Anniversary Update who have enabled windows telemetry, I am not sure how the DisplayLink USB device driver would be able to prevent a graphics card from working.
I'm currently on a Dell XPS15, with Intel+nvida graphics card, on Windows 10 Anniversary Update, using a Dell D3100 docking station to extend displays. Would you please be able to collect logs and explain what you mean by the graphics card not working?

Regards,
Alban
When I install the Display Link drivers, and restart the computer, the Intel icon disappears from the system tray and the Intel Graphics Card Control Panel disappears from the Windows Control Panel. When I click the Invida icon on the System Tray or from the Windows Control Panel the Invida card gives this error :- "NVIDIA Settings are not available. You are not currently using a display attached to an NVIDIA GPU."

When I uninstall the Display Link Drivers everything turns back to normal. The Intel Icon returns in the System Tray and everything returns back in the Windows Control Panel.

I will send you the logs this evening when I arrive home.

Regards

Ivan
piroi002 is offline   Reply With Quote