View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 02:11 PM   #14
llaughlin

Default Firefox usage

I've had to resort to doing everything non-dev related in firefox (including reading blogs, youtube, email, google searching, etc) and doing my actual web development in chrome because I'm that much more comfortable with Chrome's Dev Tools.

However, even Firefox hasn't been free from DisplayLink's corruption. In particular, there's one very annoying graphical anomaly that occurs on my non-DisplayLink monitors when I click a dropdown menu, primarily in Firefox's UI. I can see the drop down flash for a moment, but then the options become invisible. They only become visible when I am moving my mouse over the options, but as soon as I stop, they go invisible again. Needless to say, it's quite jarring to watch and extremely frustrating to try to select options, especially in nested dropdowns.

Other than that, however, I have yet to see any slowdowns in Firefox, especially with Flash related products. Now I just have to keep 2 browsers in sync with my preferences, bookmarks, addons/extensions....First world problems!

But yes, please SOMEONE let them know that this is unacceptable and needs to be fixed. Soon.
llaughlin is offline   Reply With Quote