View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009, 07:15 PM   #2
w3woody

After switching to the 32-bit kernel on Snow Leopard (originally I thought work would prevent me from switching), the driver seems to work just fine. It installed without any hitches for me, and the display (a Mimo UM-710) seems to be working without any problems.

At the moment I have my Apple Mail window living zoomed in the UM-710 so I can monitor incoming e-mail as it arrives. (I need to be able to respond to work e-mail fairly promptly.) I've also tried displaying video in the screen and it appears to work fine as well. (I'm running on an 8-core desktop, so CPU usage isn't a problem.)

As far as I can tell the only glitch that arose was the installer didn't like to install over the previous version of the DisplayLink driver--I had installed it a while ago, but the install was broken. I had to run the older uninstaller first before running the newer installer. (It may be nice to include in the release notes a list of what files are dropped where, so you can manually clean up by hand if you have to.)

But outside of that I haven't noticed any real problems.