View Single Post
Old 06-02-2016, 10:32 AM   #7
AlbanRampon

Hello Reto,
I took a week off and did not read the forum during my holidays.
The device branding is done with the driver. That's why you temporarily see DisplayLink before Lenovo.

In the last snapshot you sent me. There is a driver version mismatch.
The USB ***device*** driver is 7.9.296 whereas the host software driver is 7.9.1488. That could explain the lost of communication as some changes were done in the protocol between the two.

It's not the job of the driver to select what to install... Otherwise any vendor could hijack any device. The OS is assigning the drivers based on what it has in its driver store and what is present in the .INI file. It also look at Windows Update.

I would like to suggest you kick Windows in the backside and tell it to use the driver you want, instead of it taking nothing.
To protect user (logs) privacy, users cannot download from the forum so here is a link to a guide I prepared: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i9vqkf4d6t...chive.pdf?dl=0
Please do make sure you install 7.9 M7 before hand as the zip linked in my doc is only for the latest driver.

In the future, please don't hesitate to use the contact email available in the FAQs to create a support ticket when you are blocked. Forums are monitored, but tickets have a queue and take priority... and are handed over during someone's absence.

Would you please try the guide and let me know if that changes the behaviour. I don't have new holidays scheduled so will reply faster now !

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote